Apprentice Greenkeeper – Full time
Thurgoona Country Club Resort is a progressive club, home to the NSW Senior Open, which has the largest prize pool of the PGA legends tour and is ranked within the Top 100 NSW golf courses. We invite applications for an Apprentice Greenkeeper at entry-level (year 1) or as a current apprentice across all year levels to join our golf course maintenance team.
The successful applicant will have the exciting opportunity to be a part of the golf maintenance team with aspirations of presenting the course at industry-leading standards. They will be highly trained in the various aspects of golf course management. You will learn about irrigation system maintenance, our program for preventative maintenance and working on the golf course, and grounds maintenance of our clubhouse and motel facilities.
As an Apprentice, you’ll work under the guidance of our experienced and passionate team to learn about all things golf course and turf maintenance! Every day will be different in this role, where you will develop your skills to become a qualified Turf Tradesperson.
Task & Responsibilities of the role:
• Maintaining the greens and playing surfaces to an excellent playing standard
• Operation & maintenance of all turf and other related equipment and ensuring timely servicing/repairs
• Chemical and fertiliser application
• Pest, disease & sound watering practices
• Upholding the presentation of the Club
• Maintaining the Clubs surrounds and motel
Essential requirements for the role:
• A team-oriented, highly motivated person and an eye for detail
• A natural love for working outdoors with varying weather conditions
• A strong work ethic and being physically fit for manual work
• Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively and learn how to multi-task
• Flexibility with a rotating weekend roster
• Ability to attend work with early morning starts, therefore transport and license is preferred but not essential
• It will be an advantage if the applicant has a strong desire to build a long-term career in the sports turf industry.
• All TAFE training (trade school) fees are paid for by Thurgoona Country Club Resort.
• Uniforms and Staff benefits apply to all employees
• On-going training, mentoring and career & personal development opportunities.
If this sounds like you, please forward your resume, including cover letter via email firstname.lastname@example.org